last updated: 1 June 2019
The Alcocat Product and App have no backend server connected with user accounts. All the measurements, photos, location are stored only in your smartphone and we don't have access to or collect data from this information.
Alcocat mobile applications are free to download and have no advertisements or hidden charges.
what data does Alcocat collect?
when you buy a product
When you purchase a Product, we collect transaction information, such as information about the Products you purchase, shipping and delivery information and information related to returns, refunds and cancellations.
when you calibrate an Alcocat product
Calibration data is stored locally on the Product. We do not have access to it.
when you sync your Alcocat product or use location features
Even when your Product is connected to your device and your device has a network connection, usage data is stored only locally to your smartphone, and not to our server. Usage data is information about how you use the Product, such as measured results, location, and captured pictures. We do not collect or store your Usage Data.
when you use our services
Whenever anyone visits the Alcocat Sites or Apps, we will collect standard log data, such as: the page that they were referred from, the actions they performed, their browser type, App version, their operating system and the pages viewed. We also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
when you interact with Alcocat and the Alcocat community
When communicating with the Alcocat community in public areas or social media sites such as Facebook or Instagram, any information you provide may become public information. At times Alcocat will also collect and store this information to help improve your experience, learn more about your feedback as an Alcocat community member, and for marketing purposes.
We encourage you to take care when providing information in public forums, especially information that may pertain to your identity or health. Please also note that the content created by members of the Alcocat community may include the advice and opinions of the general public - as these are not posted by Alcocat, they do not represent the advice or opinions of Alcocat and Alcocat does not necessarily support or validate this content.
Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Products and Services, improve your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and to count visits. We use this data to learn more about your experience using the Services, so that we can constantly improve and personalise your Alcocat experience. This may also be helpful when you are ordering more Alcocat Products or contacting the Alcocat team, as your information may be pre-filled. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
when you contact the Alcocat team
When you contact us, we collect personal information such as your name, email address, and any other information you provide. We keep a record of this information, along with the nature of your requests over time. This helps us learn more about your experience using Alcocat Products, your preferences, and how we are best placed to help you. Storing and analysing this data, also helps us identify how to optimise and improve the Alcocat experience for everyone. We may also monitor, record and retain your communications with us for security, dispute resolution, and training purposes.
how does Alcocat use and disclose data?
We may use and disclose personal information for various purposes related to the running of the Alcocat business, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Products and Services;
- Develop new Products and Services;
- Personalize the Products and Services, such as by providing content or features likely to interest you;
- Provide and deliver the Products and Services you request, by processing transactions and sending you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you on an ongoing basis about Products, Services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Alcocat and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Products and Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Alcocat and others;
- To serve you with advertisements we think are likely to interest you, off of our website
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions; and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your interests; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
when does Alcocat share collected information?
- With vendors, consultants, professional advisors and other service providers including IT providers, delivery companies, advertising and marketing organisations and others who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- Payment system operators and financial institutions providing services to us;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Alcocat or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Alcocat and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
advertising and analytics services provided by others
Alcocat takes reasonable measures designed to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We store any information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
social sharing features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media platforms, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please review your privacy settings and the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
We and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. We will request your consent to this transfer where required by law.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
legal basis for processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the Product you have requested.)
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Products and Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Products and Services.
- When you consent.
- When we are required by law.
data subject requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
questions or complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
There are many facets to managing your privacy and maintaining data security. The following should be taken into consideration, when seeking to understand aspects of your privacy when using Alcocat Products and Services.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by sending an email request to email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
mobile device settings
When you first launch any of our Apps that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to sharing your location. Similarly, if the App would like to access your camera, you will be asked to consent to allowing that functionality. If you initially consent to sharing location information and/or camera function, you can subsequently withdraw these consents at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our App, or some of its features, may no longer function.
mobile push notifications/alerts
We do not send promotional or non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device.
third party websites