last updated: 1 June 2019
Normal use does not warrant replacement or refund. The below description is what you should expect of Alcocat products, given normal use:
- It is reasonable to expect that with day-to-day use Alcocat products may suffer minor scratches and scuffs.
- The Alcocat breathalyzer is expected to require cleaning, as day-to-day use leaves normal detritus on the housing.
We are committed to Alcocat products being of the highest quality and easy to use. For this reason, your satisfaction with Alcocat products and Alcocat-branded accessories, and your ability to use them easily with optimal results is extremely important to us.
If you have an issue with your Alcocat product or Alcocat-branded accessories, please contact us as soon as possible via email firstname.lastname@example.org
This product warranty applies to Alcocat products and Alcocat-branded accessories purchased via our website, www.alcocat.com.
We promise to let you know if we make substantial changes to this policy. If you have any questions, reach out to email@example.com.
When is my Alcocat product covered by warranty?
Alcocat warrants that your Alcocat breathalyzer and Alcocat-branded accessories will, as of the date of delivery, be free from material defects for a period of one (1) year. (The date of delivery is considered the date that our delivery service has recorded delivering your product as per delivery tracking, not any other date.)
To be eligible for warranty service, you must contact the Alcocat customer service team and have requested a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) under warranty, within the warranty period.
If a defect with your Alcocat product arises within the warranty period you are required to contact the Alcocat customer service team with an RMA request under warranty, also within the same warranty period.
Alcocat will run diagnostics and test the product according to the description of the problem listed on the return form to determine the Warranty status. If the problem is the same as listed on the return form, the product will be repaired under Warranty at no charge and shipped, prepaid, back to the customer.
If the description of the problem is different from the problem listed on the RMA request form or the product was damaged in delivery, we will contact you by email. If the product has no identifiable problem, we will offer you a quote for testing, repair and shipping cost.
If the validity of your RMA request under warranty is accepted by Alcocat, Alcocat agree to either:
- repair the product at no charge using new or refurbished replacement parts, or
- replace the product with a new or refurbished product (with the replacement product being of identical model or functional equivalent), or
- refund the full amount that you paid for the product
To minimise impact on the environment, Alcocat prefers to repair and replace using refurbished parts and products.
Also, as part of our promise to only sell the highest quality products:
- If the Alcocat team agrees to service your product under warranty, the cost of shipping defective products will be covered by Alcocat. This means that if Alcocat accepts your product to be serviced under warranty, then:
- In the instance of repairs and replacement - you will not have to pay or will be reimbursed for any shipping charges, or
- In the instance of refunds - you will be refunded for shipping charges
- Any product(s) that have been repaired or replaced under this warranty policy will have warranty coverage for (1) year from the date of delivery. (The date of delivery is considered the date that our delivery service has recorded delivering your repaired / replaced unit to you, as per delivery tracking.)
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
To obtain warranty service, you are required to contact Alcocat with an RMA request under warranty, also within the same warranty period. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Please note that this warranty applies only to products and accessories manufactured by Alcocat that are marked with the “Alcocat” trade name or logo and contain a valid Alcocat serial number which has not been removed or altered.
Alcocat does not warrant that the operation of the product will be uninterrupted or error-free. For this reason, this warranty does not cover software embedded in any Alcocat product and related services provided by Alcocat.
Without limiting the foregoing, this warranty does not apply to, the following:
- use with non-Alcocat accessories such as wireless charger and storage cases;
- normal use and tear or aging of the product, such as scratches, dents, scuffs, plus loosening and using of parts over time;
- defects or damage caused by misuse, accident, alteration, unusual stress, modification, improper or unauthorized repair, improper storage or third-party applications downloaded to the product;
- damage caused by using the products outside the permitted or intended uses described in instructions provided by Alcocat;
- modifications of the product’s firmware or software by anyone other than Alcocat officially;
- with improper voltage, power supply or batteries.
- Damage due to excessive moisture
- Alcocat alcometer has been used before 20 minutes after drinking an alcoholic drink.
Silicone compounds/gases will damage the product. The product is intended for use in rooms filled with fresh air.
Please note that Alcocat reserves the right to disable products in instances of suspected fraud, counterfeit use, stealing or loss during shipment.
Alcocat is not responsible for damage or injuries arising from failure to follow instructions related to product use.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALCOCAT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR DATA, RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF ALCOCAT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
This limited warranty shall be governed by the laws of the Barcelona, Spain, without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles that may provide the application of the law of another jurisdiction. In the event that a consumer brings any claims arising under this limited warranty, the parties agree that the sole and exclusive jurisdiction shall be the State and Federal Courts located in Barcelona, Spain.
We want to help you get the most out of Alcocat products and services. In case of doubts don't hesitate to contact our customer service team or write an email email@example.com